Preconstruction Schedule Manager, Americas
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This is an opportunity to join Apple Retail, the world’s most innovative retail organization, which is part of Apple, the world’s most admired company. Apple Retail is the fastest growing retailer in the world, with over 500 locations and counting. Our Retail Real Estate & Development team is the group that designs, develops, and builds Apple Retail stores around the globe. Our Real Estate team identifies and secures prime real estate for our future store locations. The Design team innovates with groundbreaking new architectural concepts and designs. The Preservation team that preserves and maintains these stores with the utmost of care.The Direct Sourcing Team sources and procures materials used to create unique spaces for showcasing Apple’s portfolio of much-sought-after products. Do you want to be part of the team that turns these stores into a reality?
- Experience performing creating detailed project build schedules, risk analyses, construct sequencing & logistics, and critical path assessments for complex retail, hospitality, or museum buildings.
- Microsoft Project proficiency required; Primavera (P6) Software proficiency preferred.
- Understanding risk registers and results from Monte-Carlo Simulations.
- 10+ years retail or commercial construction experience throughout North America.
- Minimum of 5+ years specifically in ground-up luxury construction of retail, office, hospitality, civic or museum buildings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar discipline preferred.
Responsible for developing schedules for purposes such as planning, lease negotiations, and budgets. Develop schedules to coordinate with Landlord, General Contractor and specialty vendors. Evaluate schedule delay and acceleration options to mitigate overall schedule risk. Create schedule risk register and participate in discussions on impact, probability, and mitigation. Assess alternate method and sequence of construction to improve duration & budget. Assist Development Managers is preparation of construction logistics plans. Assist Development Managers in evaluating General Contractor schedules and critical path activities. Creates formal network involving coordination amongst teams while also being able to operate independently. Liaise with internal systems team to ensure P6 schedule information is accurately reflected in leadership reports.