Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
FileMaker, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple, Inc., is looking for a Technical Writer to join our Information Development team. You'll be part of a dynamic, dedicated team that develops help systems, guides, interface text, and user assistance for iOS, macOS, Windows, and Cloud products. This position is full-time, on-site in Santa Clara, CA.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write documentation that is clear, concise, consistent, and accurate.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and effectively explain it in a few words.
- Experience writing software documentation for technical audiences. Experience writing for translation is a plus.
- Experience with databases, HTML, REST APIs, JSON, SaaS
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Deliver quality content on schedule
- Create project plans and delivery schedules
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Adhere to a style guide
- Influence standards and terminology
- Maintain a thorough understanding of FileMaker products
We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for ownership is key to your success on our team. You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality. You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude. You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's in technical communication, writing/composition, computer science, or similar field Minimum 1 year related experience