Digital Platforms / Website Manager - Beats by Dr. Dre
Culver City, California, United States
The Digital Platforms Manager orchestrates day to day operations of the http://beatsbydre.com website and leads future strategic development of the overall platform. The Digital Platforms Manager will provide innovative solutions from a technical, operational and strategic perspective to meet brand and business needs and define a best-in-class storytelling and product destination. He/She will help define the online roadmap which will include future digital experiences, break-fixes, enhancements to existing system(s), and implementing new UX/functionalities. He/She will seek continuous improvement and optimization opportunities within the purchase, product education and support paths on http://beatsbydre.com, aligning to a greater consumer journey, and defining .com’s role in a broader digital/eComm strategy. The Digital Platforms Manager will further be responsible in establishing and maintaining a cadence of release processes, schedules and communications along with overseeing the QA/UAT processes in support of these initiatives to manage stakeholder expectations and proactively mitigate project risks. This team member will need to approach website operations through a business lens and partner closely with Retail/Channel, Legal, IT/Dev, Brand, Creative, SEO/SEM, Product, Agency and many other internal/external teams in order to secure and prioritize necessary resources and deliverables. An ideal candidate will have equal parts business and technical acumen, a rock solid understanding of the evolving digital and e-commerce landscape, and experience supporting content driven digital campaigns and experiences.
- 5-8+ years of experience working in a web operations or online business management capacity.
- Highly organized, strategic thinker, with the ability to impact business change and to switch from tactical execution to broader business-wide thinking.
- Ability to analyze and articulate new innovations and discern their impact on our business
- Ability to clearly outline business requirements and understand technical approaches taken to solve for business requirements.
- Experience with sprint planning and working within Agile development cycles.
- Expert ability to analyze website data utilizing industry tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or similar).
- Familiarity with site speed monitoring tools (Gomez, Catchpoint, Speedcurve or similar)
- Experience with A/B / multi-variant testing methodologies as well as testing platforms (i.e. Adobe Target, Optimizely, Monetate or similar).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an expert in productivity software skills (i.e. Keynote, Pages, Excel, or similar).
- Passion for digital media and emerging technologies
- Strong numerical aptitude and analytics background and an understanding of SEO and e-Commerce principals, strategies and tactics.
- Experience launching and managing a website for a Fortune 500 company preferred
- Digital advertising campaign experience including SEM, display, social media, affiliates preferred
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) preferred
- Experience developing with Web Standards (HTML, JS, CSS, etc) preferred
Manage day to day operations of the Beats global .com portfolio with a focus on technical and operational delivery. Help define the vision for how .com evolves as a consumer-focused platform and the role of the site as part of the broader consumer journey. Define the .com roadmap by collaborating with other teams to identify business requirements and priorities for updates, break-fixes, integrations, solutions and/or other desired enhancements. Coordinate project activities with various business partner teams including marketing, brand design, product management, engineering, QA, and third-party vendors. Define and implement A/B and multivariate testing strategies Define and implement SEO best practices Define and implement Content Lifecycle processes Define performance media tactics and communicate implications Optimization of web analytics gathering to develop actionable insights Coordinate planning for product launches, pricing changes, merchandising and/or other digital campaign related requirements. Develop standards that are aligned with Apple’s stringent security and privacy policies Monitor and optimize acquisition channels for conversion (email capture, registration, lead generation, retail/channel sales, etc.) Establish and maintain rigorous QA, UAT and Release Management processes that can be scaled globally Work with necessary business owners and stakeholders to author project requirements defining scope, goals, deliverables, desired schedule and expected budget Manage scope change in an effective manner by communicating impact, risks / issues, LOE and projected release dates. Evaluate projects to determine technical challenges, risks, schedules, resources, and timelines Responsible for tactical execution of .com Geo-expansion activities Work across the marketing organization to inform and influence key stakeholders, institutionalizing lessons learned, recaps, and best practices. Provide and present forward thinking business ideas and opportunities related to the digital space to leadership. Stay on top of breaking trends and innovation impacting our approach to front-end development and back-end digital operations
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree preferred