Maps Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Have you thought about where you are going? Can the answer of "where have you been?" Build a whole new set of ideas for you? Apple Maps provides an incredible sense of direction. Apple Maps team is looking for technically experienced Software QA or Test Engineers to support Maps client testing. Validation of Maps is challenging and requires both passion for solving difficult testing problems and a good aptitude for quality. We design and deliver forward-looking technologies and we are scouting for innovative and dynamic engineers to join us in our efforts to transform this space and push the limits of what is possible.
- Comfortable developing and executing software test plans and user studies
- Highly organized problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience testing large technology stacks with many software and hardware components
- Deep understanding of software testing and QA methodologies
- Excellent communication skills – you'll be working multi-functionally across multiple teams and organizations, as well as with external vendors.
- Source control and build tools experience with GIT, Jenkins.
The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will take an active role in shaping the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply integrated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating unit tests, and supporting design reviews. You should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions, delivering clearly documented test plans. The incumbent will be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a map experience that is the best of its kind. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you
Education & Experience
MS or BS in Computer Science with 2 or more years of experience.
- Knowledge of one or more of these areas would be valuable:
- Software QA, Quality Assurance, Xcode, Automation, Maps, iOS, MacOS, X-Code, SDET