Audio System Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Audio Systems Engineering team is looking for an Audio System Specialist to help design the best possible system performance between audio software and acoustic hardware in Apple devices. You will be responsible for audio technology development in various product use cases, such as active noise cancellation and noise reduction. Additionally, you will work closely with multi-functional teams and innovate in small groups with high initiative and chip in to create phenomenal engineering solutions to industry-leading consumer products. We are a rapidly growing team, dynamic and are driven to innovate. Do you thrive working with a team? Are you a fan of audio products? If so, this could be your opportunity.
- Confirmed experience of audio technology delivery in a consumer products company. Knowledge or experience in most of the following areas is required:
- Acoustic prototyping including experimentation in anechoic chambers.
- Phenomenal Digital signal processing (DSP) experience, including adaptive filtering, active noise cancellation and how to optimize the performance of these algorithms in devices with a technical hands- on emphasis.
- Algorithm prototyping in simulation software such as MATLAB and real time hardware platforms.
- Audio/Acoustic measurement tools, e.g. SoundCheck, Audio Precision, Audition, HATS, telephony measurements, microphones, and similar softwares.
- Listening skills for diagnosing problems in product sound quality.
- Five years professional experience in senior role.
As part of Apple’s Audio Systems Engineering group, you will have responsibilities that include: System design of audio processing software and hardware in Apple products, focusing on active noise cancellation using DSP control. Analyzing/development of the Audio features using a combination of Acoustics and DSP skills. Verification that product audio performance meets Apple requirements: Working with external vendors to specify design requirements, monitor progress and verify delivery. Prototyping with software teams to communicate requirements and needs, and verify the operation of software work you're doing. Engaging with factory teams to bring-up audio line testing: Improving future audio system architecture of Apple products.
Education & Experience
Higher Degree (Masters/PhD) in Audio Engineering or related area.