Sr. Program Manager - Retail Fulfillment Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Senior Program Manager within WW Business Process Re-Engineering supporting the Apple Retail Fulfillment Operations, you will work with globally dispersed and highly cross-functional team to lead resources, prepare appropriate documentation based on the project size, delegate tasks to team members, effectively and clearly communicate project status, explain business impacts to partners and leadership, lead project risk, monitor the change readiness of the business as well as conduct post implementation audit reviews. You will handle all aspects of specific fulfillment programs and project including timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition, deliverables, and implementation.This roles will span across all aspects of Retail Fulfillment for Apple including ecommerce & multi channel capabilities, payment services & processing, post order support, store supply replenishment, reverse logistics, and new product introductions (NPI).
- Consistent record of leading strategic programs, combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Broad supply chain managements, payment processing experience, and/or fraud mitigation in specific areas related to logistics, ecommerce fulfillment, inventory management, or order to cash.
- Relevant experience working with online and retail merchandising systems, data management, data architecture, payment, fraud and CRM systems.
- Understanding and/or experience with SAP, Global Track & Trace systems, Carrier integration knowledge, Warehouse management systems, Distribution Center operations knowledge, Business Objects and other key reporting technologies.
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles.
- Proficient at running multiple efforts simultaneously in a global capability which includes working on projects with teams based outside the US including international engagements.
- Proficient knowledge in process mapping and other process analysis techniques.
- Experience leading process improvement / continuous improvement initiatives using best of breed industrial engineering practices.
- Demonstrable ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience working on projects with teams based outside the US including international engagements.
- Superb communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills that enhance project team effectiveness.
- Proven ability to lead teams with or without direct reports; natural leader and motivator, lead through influence.
- Relevant project management qualifications preferred such as PMP / Scrum Master certifications.
You will have the ability to lead medium to large size, global cross-functional projects. You will also be responsible for leading and identifying business process re-engineering opportunities. This role requires a deep understanding of fulfillment operations throughout the supply chain to handle complex, global initiatives supporting a wide range of initiatives. You will be responsible for leading cross-organizational teams to define, build and roll-out innovative technology and business process solutions that improve customer satisfaction, builds customer loyalty, drive revenue and increase efficiencies. The role will work with senior management and global teams to define process and capability roadmaps, driving improvements of the organization, processes and use of systems and data for Apple's Retail Fulfillment Operations organization. This effort is directly linked to our retail channel(s) strategy and needs to be forward-looking. This may include: - Understanding future strategies and directions to anticipate needs. - Building internal and external expertise driving best practice and innovation. - Situation analysis and audit of current organization / process / data and systems. - Gap analysis of as-is vs. to-be. - Proposing and driving new solutions that may be implemented WW or addressing local processes. - Develop metrics such as customer satisfaction, user acceptance, business impact etc. - Use analytical skills to help rationalize and inspire change. - Ability to understand and influence the technical solution and scalability concerns. Success requires an individual to think strategically, connecting the dots of the bigger picture, as well as being comfortable in the details of the key deliverables. Set the highest standard in terms of overall experience of your business users and project teams. Should be self-motivated, able to work with minimal direction in a global, fast- paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. A consummate teammate capable of working with business teams to identify improvements and deliver capabilities that will exceed our customers expectations. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Serve as liaison to Operation teams to develop solution capabilities (requirements, user testing, etc.) to support Retail Fulfillment programs. Partners with key partners to solicit customer and associate feedback to identify program improvement opportunities for implementation. Consults business stakeholders and team members within Operations and Channel partners. 2. Act as a liaison between the business teams and IS&T (Information Systems and Technology or Apple's IT organization) to ensure that the business requirements are complete and met by the proposed technology solutions 3. Drives the design, development, implementation and management of procurement/ materials solutions for Customer 4. Work with business leads to define and run business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term divisional strategies 5. Lead change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach 6. Provide functional domain expertise 7. Lead complex projects to major milestones. Develop project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates; obtain executive approval and funding 8. Develop and maintain key project governance documentation to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied to enable project success 9. Capture and synthesize detailed, global business requirements and design specifications 10. Facilitate project-related testing, roll-out, training, and post-mortem work 11. Assess current and develop and implement future business processes. Apply analytical skills to rationalize change 12. Provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project, management and senior executive teams 13. Define and implement KPIs for operational metrics. Identify key success measures for projects being implemented 14. Addresses escalations, quickly assess and develop root cause analysis and problem solution for operations escalations
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, MS (in relevant fields like Industrial Engineering, Operations Research etc.) or MBA is desired
- Min. of 10 years in project and program management combined with logistics, supply chain, fulfillment operations with ecommerce and/or retail highly preferred. Consulting background experience is helpful.