Senior Software Engineer - MapKit API's and Frameworks
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Have you thought about where you are going? Can the answer of "Where have you been?" prompt you to imagine a whole new set of ideas to build? Apple Maps provides an incredible sense of direction. Join MapKit and help millions of developers bring to bear amazing solutions based on our incredible location data. Our MapKit team is growing so we can develop an extraordinary navigation experience used by millions of app developers Worldwide. We are seeking a software engineer with validated technical skills to help craft innovative and impactful new solutions. We enable third party developers to integrate our maps data into iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS solutions, so on our team, you can make a huge impact to millions of customers each and every single day.
- Experience with Objective-C or C++ or other system level programming languages and app development concepts such as concurrency and threading (including Grand Central Dispatch)
- Memory management with MRR and ARC, embedded software constraints, and performance analysis
- Understanding of Git and Xcode
- Translation experience for complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Interested to work with multi-functional engineering, product, and external developers
- Dedication to developing automated testing infrastructures for your work
- Real passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Love mentoring and teaching engineers
Do you want to help shape the future of Mapping Frameworks for Apple? Are you looking to contribute to the foundation at the core of the positioning-based experiences found on iPhone, iPad, and WATCH? As a client engineer working on MapKit, your primary responsibility will be to continue to build and open up the boundaries of our navigation experience & framework. You'll partner closely with many talented people to innovate and produce a best-in-class guidance experience. Your aptitude for both user and developer interfaces will also serve you well. Because we build frameworks which are supported on multiple platforms (iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS), understanding and developing shared codebases between different operating systems is desired. AS OUR TEAM MEMBER, YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Partnering with other Apple teams to iterate, innovate, and investigate new ways of presenting data to our external App developer community - Using your expert knowledge of systems and frameworks to ensure our system is scalable and useable for many different platforms. - Mentoring other team members related to system-level standard methodologies such as memory management, object-oriented design, and production level code. - Demonstrating your current programming knowledge to create, write and oversee clean, concise, and smart Objective-C based code.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7 + years experience working in a production environment