RF OTA Systems Engineer - SAR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Wireless Design team is seeking an RF OTA Systems Engineer with a strong foundation, demonstrable passion and ability to work with Antenna designers and RF Engineers to verify that new technology antennas are suitable for wireless portable devices with good radiation performance, including TRP, TIS, SAR. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- You have working experience of antenna design and tests, anechoic chambers, and RF test equipment. Hands-on is a requirement
- You have strong problem solving skills and strong working knowledge of radiation performance. Antenna and wave propagation theoretical background is needed.
- You have experience with different wireless communication systems such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 802.11, Bluetooth etc. including the corresponding system level specifications (e.g. ETSI 51.010, 51.05...) is important.
- We are looking for experience with regulatory requirements and process for wireless consumer devices, including FCC, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, TIA/EIA, etc.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
- Detail oriented - taking data, using Excel, and making meaningful tables/graphs/averages.
- Programming skills in C, C++ would be a plus
You should be able to work with Antenna designers and RF Engineers to verify that antennas is suitable for wireless portable devices with good radiation performance, including TRP, TIS, SAR. We are looking for applicants who are extremely familiar with RF characteristics (at a system level) and requirements for modern wireless communication systems such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 802.11, Bluetooth etc.
Education & Experience
BSEE required MSEE preferred