Senior Software Engineer, Web Services (Video Applications)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops leading media creation apps including Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Motion, Compressor and Clips. The team is looking for a talented software engineer to lead development of client frameworks (iOS/macOS/tvOS) that will be used by our media creation applications to integrate with future cloud services.
- 3+ years experience developing native iOS/macOS applications and frameworks in Swift and/or Objective-C
- Broad in-depth knowledge of Cocoa frameworks and API’s on iOS/macOS
- Experience consuming data from RESTful web service API’s
- Experience implementing offline storage and synchronization to local databases (e.g. CoreData, Realm, SQLite)
- Solid knowledge of software design patterns, best practices, and emerging technologies
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded and asynchronous programming concepts
- Passion for writing clean, well factored, and highly reliable code
This is an extraordinary opportunity to apply your interest and expertise in building cloud-enabled, offline-first native iOS/macOS applications to media creation products that reach tens of millions of users. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded software engineer able to design clean API’s and modular frameworks that encapsulate web service interactions, develop demonstration apps with rich user interfaces on iOS/macOS/tvOS to exercise the functionality, and collaborate effectively with application product teams to successfully integrate your work. In this role you will go beyond the norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically, and adapt quickly to new technical environments. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Sciences degree in Computer Science or related field.