Cloud Architect, Video Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops leading media creation applications including Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Motion, and Clips. The team is looking for an experienced, hands-on cloud architect to lead the design and development of a new platform to deliver digital assets at scale to future versions of our media creation apps. Do you have a deep understanding of modern, highly-scalable web service architectures and familiarity with headless content management systems? If so, come join us on the Video Applications team and help drive the future of our media creation applications.
- Strong hands-on experience designing, implementing, and deploying highly-scalable RESTful services on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Expert knowledge of modern cloud architecture design principles and best practices
- In-depth knowledge and working experience with headless Content Management Systems (CMS)
- In-depth knowledge of multi-layer API caching strategies to maximize scalability and performance
- Familiarity with leading technologies used in both front-end and back-end development
- Ability to quickly learn and evaluate new and emerging technologies
- Highly motivated with strong communication and collaboration skills
This is an extraordinary opportunity to apply your expertise in scalable web service design and development in order to enhance media creation products that reach tens of millions of users. You will be responsible for translating platform requirements into a detailed, best-of-breed architecture. You will work closely with cloud infrastructure teams within Apple in order to identify leverage-able technology, drive new requirements into existing technology stacks, and align cross-group plans. With the architecture in place, you will drive development of the platform and coordinate closely with product teams to integrate it into their applications. In this role you will go beyond the norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically, and adapt quickly to new technical environments. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Sciences degree in Computer Science or related field.