Hardware Allocations, Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The MacOS Systems team is looking for an innovative and enthusiastic engineering project manager passionate about building relations and large-scale logistics. You will work cross-functionally across many teams at Apple to allocate development hardware and identify and resolve issues in support of software engineering. Do you have the ability to balance technical prowess with enthusiastic customer service in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? If so, you may be a candidate for our team. We’re looking for people who enjoy crafting solutions to tackle problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as possible.
- - We are looking for excellent customer service skills
- - Advanced knowledge of OSX product lifecycles will be an asset.
- - You will have proven decision-making skills in a highly matrixed multi-functional engineering environment
- - Thrive in an environment where you quickly establish and lead complex cross-functional relationships
- - Strong project management lifecycle skills and detail oriented.
- - Experience with relational databases, such as FileMaker and MySQL
- - At least 2 years project management experience in an engineering environment
As a Hardware Allocations EPM, you will be responsible for: - Managing complex business relationships and hardware demand for all SWE teams - Utilizing advanced engineering knowledge to analyze, interpret and make deductions based on previous experience and business patterns - Maintaining accurate and detailed hardware allocation database and library of units to support unexpected demand - Prioritizing hardware processing and allocations based on engineering justification to drive development schedules - Effectively identifying program level challenges and constraints through cross-functional relationships - Partnering with factories and international teams to drive shipping and receiving of development hardware - Leading strategic initiatives to increase team efficiency, process management and cost savings - Self-motivated and enthusiastic with creative and critical thinking capabilities.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent knowledge and experience