AppleCare - Business Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Support Technology team is seeking an experienced and creative Product Owner to design and deliver premier applications and collaborating with the AppleCare management team. You will possess a toolkit filled with a variety of techniques for successfully eliciting and documenting requirements.
- Strong Business Analyst experience and skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, quickly and effectively shifts gears to meet changing business requirements, and ability to rapidly understand complex business process.
- Ability to learn quickly and easily grasp complex concepts required to build domain expertise.
- Proven experience creating effective business requirements and user stories.
- Ability to quickly identify issues with systems and processes and provide recommended solution.
- Proven experience with a variety of software development methodologies including Agile, Waterfall, and Spiral.
- Ability to use data and analysis to make decisions and influence others.
- Knowledge of AppleCare lines of business and process.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments successfully
- Strong individual contributor with the ability to function as a strong team-player.
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be able to clearly articulate and simplify complex processes.
- Strong negotiation skills required. You will drive consensus among partners with varying priorities.
- Evangelist and educator.
- Ability to work non-standard business hours to support project launches.
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor in a fast paced environment.
Act as a Product Owner on an Agile team representing partners wants and needs. Own the complete product experience from product roadmap to support. Be the liaison between business teams, Operations, and IS&T to ensure that the business requirements are complete and met by proposed technology solutions. Work with team to establish and maintain product roadmap. Effectively communicate product vision to partners. Manage backlog ensuring priorities are set correctly to deliver high value features. Elicit business requirements and translate them into detailed requirements or stories. Document application requirements iteratively tracking changes and fine-tuning as requirements solidify. Write test scripts and participate in business testing. Document business use cases and workflow. Act as a SME and provide sustaining support to Support Technologies applications. Support help desk with issue ticket resolution. Identify issue root cause and drive systematic and process solutions to resolve. Evaluate and prioritize production issues working with various IS&T teams. Identify and communicate product standard methodologies to user community. Represent the Support Technology Project team to other internal groups and occasionally to customers to ensure that team objectives are understood. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and are consistent within the larger context of the program/project goals. Ensure a smooth, effective feature introduction and implementation by coordinating support and communication with multi-functional partners. Ensure initiative alignment with business vision, strategy and deployment within company. Up to 30% travel is required (domestic and international)
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent experience required Certification and training in Agile, SCRUM, Business Analysis or Project Management preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.