System Coexistence Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Ever wonder what problems are bound to arise when you squeeze sensitive sensors, antennas, an LTE radio, and noisy switching power supplies into a device that fits on your wrist? Join the Watch HW Validation team and discover unexpected interactions among various hardware modules and sub-systems. We are seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer to join the team.
- You possess strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- You are hands-on problem solver
- Passionate about learning, and digging deep for root causes
- Gains insights with data analysis and visualization, with a generous dose of automation
- Are a strong team collaborator, and thrives in a cross-functional environment
- At least 5 years of experience, but we encourage you to apply with any level of experience
Your main focus will be to identify and quantify the interaction of various subsystems in various modes/states against each other. Work cross-functionally to discover and isolate the coupling mechanism, propose design solutions and work-arounds, and validating they have no unintended side-effects. Consider max hardware cases, and worst-case user scenarios. You will also design tests that scale to running on hundreds of systems at the factory, and take ownership of processing and delivering data to other teams. Take your creativity, hardware design, programming, and analytical skills to the next level. Challenge yourself in new technical areas. Join a hands-on development team that champions diligent engineering, and innovation.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's, Master's or PhD of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required. Physics degree is acceptable.
- - Can travel to China
- - Exposure to radio technologies such as LTE, WiFi, and BlueTooth
- - Proficient at Python and Perl, or other scripting/programming languages
- - Previously shipped a battery powered consumer electronics product
- - Have validation and HW design experience
- - Familiarity with statistics
- - Familiarity with factories, and similar production environments