Platform Engineer: Text Processing, Internationalization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Ever wanted to work on core natural language processing and applied machine learning with special focus on the languages of the world? Be a part of Cloud Service Localization and contribute to some of the most challenging problems in NLP and large scale machine learning applied to various languages. You will have a chance to work on and contribute to multiple Apple products and services using core NLP and ML behind the scenes including Siri, macOS/iOS SDKs, Maps to name a few. Apple is looking for a highly motivated platform engineer with background in text processing and natural language processing. This position gives you an opportunity to work on challenging problems in natural language processing across different languages.
- Strong Java/C/C++ programming skills.
- Practical experience building and architecting production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to natural language processing and machine learning.
- Knowledge of internationalization tools and standards.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions and performing critical analysis
- Applying creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
* Architect and develop text processing platform that powers natural language processing algorithms and machine learning for development of key iOS and macOS features. * Develop tools and processes to help build high quality linguistic resources for use in OS X and iOS components. * Develop core platform and internationalization technologies required for NLP for various languages. * Bring creative ideas for existing and future Apple products/services and leverage the power of large amount of data to solve complex NLP and machine learning problems. * Work in a highly collaborative environment with teams across Apple to adopt their frameworks and technologies whenever appropriate and contribute back whenever necessary. * Design, develop and deploy software solutions that impacts millions of Apple customers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/Electrical or related field.
- Preferred Experience/Skills:
- * Application development experience for Linux/Unix platforms. Experience with iOS / macOS platforms is a plus.
- * Experience with large datasets and hands-on experience with distributed systems is a plus.