Supplier Quality Engineer - Touch
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will utilize your Supplier Quality skills in developing and implementing quality tools and systems for groundbreaking product designs in a cosmetically demanding environment. We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product.
- 3+ years of experience in Manufacturing and Quality Control
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts
- Working knowledge of mechanical quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations
- An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles preferred
- Requires international travel to supplier sites
- International experience, particularly in Asia preferred
Specific areas of responsibility include the following: QUALITY PLANNING: - Apply deep understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to oversee the development of specific Product Quality Plans (PQP) appropriate to program and commodity. - Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product. - Develop and implement state of the art quality inspection tools. - Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate. - Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing processes. - Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with internal and external team members. - Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure alignment to Apple quality standards. SUPPLIER QUALITY MANAGEMENT: - Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct. - Review PQP with supplier and other Apple functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs. - Evaluate supplier readiness and adherence to PQP at all development and qualification stages. - Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. - Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management.
Education & Experience
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering. MSME or MBA is a plus.