Siri - EPM Production Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a member of the Siri EPM team supporting the Siri Production Engineering organization, you will be responsible for managing Production Engineering projects and infrastructure that supports our engineers, internal users, and millions of users around the world. We’re looking for people with a proven track record of maintaining a high-quality service under demanding usage and timelines. The projects sourced from within the Production Engineering team are heavily focused on streamlining process using automation and machine learned techniques to further the reliability and stability of our infrastructure supporting millions of users each day.
- 5+ years program management, product management, or business analyst experience.
- Strong technical background and platform experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
3+ years of release program management, project management, and/or Production Engineering / Operations experience covering as many of the following as possible: a 24/7 live customer-facing service, a large-scale & international user base, experience with multiple (both internal and external) server environments, a product with external dependencies (e.g. partner data feeds), responsibility for rapid-response actions, involvement with data centers. PM or engineering ownership of release management for continuous software development feeding into a live service; experience developing roadmaps/long-term strategy for improving release agility without sacrificing quality. Experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions. Career examples of hands-on involvement of delivering operational frameworks, tools, and processes that improved the customer experience. Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (realtime) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure. Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization. High operational precision and attention to detail.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- 5-7+ years Senior Lead/Management-level experience of all of the above qualifications.
- Strong technical proficiency in large scale systems, Linux/server operating systems, databases, cloud computing, big data, hadoop & networking. Knowledge of Git or other distributed version control systems. Familiarity with Splunk or tools to visualize machine data.
- Bonus if you have prior programming experience (iOS/OSX, Java, Ruby, Scala, Python, PHP, Go, Swift, etc.).