Siri - Engineering Product/Project Search & Knowledge
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team. Play a leading part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices. The Siri Search team is building groundbreaking technology for knowledge graphing and algorithmic search using machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. We’re looking for someone to lead product management efforts for knowledge base generation and search for the Apple platforms. Work with top tier engineering and product teams to serve over 1 billion customers, building the highest quality user experience that Apple customers expect and love.
- 10+ years experience as an EPM, Engineering Manager, or similar role leading cross functional product or software engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience bringing a product from concept to completion, ideally related to joining together the complex backend and front-end systems with the user experience in mind.
- 3+ years in people management preferred.
- Experience shipping products using both supervised and un-supervised machine
- learning techniques.
- Self-motivated and Proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Self-sufficient in analyzing and drawing conclusions about quality and product opportunity from raw and refined product data.
- Ability to directly and indirectly lead large teams for success.
Lead roadmap, planning, and detail execution of knowledge extraction, and graphing of both structured and unstructured knowledge. Drive and ship large, cross-functional projects and features from inception to delivery. Define, plan, deliver, and own features end-to-end. Lead cross functional teams from the product ideation/creation to full stack delivery to our customers. Analyze product metrics to measure performance and plan the evolution of search and knowledge for immediate impact and longer term (5+ years). Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines; clearly communicate project progress to leads and executive team. Be the voice for our customers; do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers. Collaborate with engineering, product, and executive leadership to drive exceptional year over year product deliver across large product areas at Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- 5+ years of PM or engineering experience in search, data extraction, or knowledge equivalent
- Past programming experience within a workplace or academic environment
- Candidate can either work out of Apple's Cupertino or San Francisco locations.