Service Warehouse Trainer
Sacramento, California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. As a Warehouse Trainer you'll be responsible for managing and facilitating training initiatives across the AppleCare Service Operations team. This role is key to the continued growth and success of employee on-boarding and development within our service, repair and logistics teams. This is a fast-paced, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
- 2-3 years experience in depot repair operation, manufacturing or reverse logistics operation
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and inventory control
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer, auditor, or instructor with a deep understanding of content implementation targeting multiple learning styles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor your message for a group and individual instruction
- Proficient working knowledge of database tools, MS Excel and word processing software
- Excellent English-language oral and written communications skills
As an AppleCare Service Operations Warehouse Trainer you will assist the Warehouse Lead to ensure all employees are trained/cross trained and have the knowledge, ability and tools needed to perform their role. You'll assist the Lead in ensuring all work instructions, specifications, records and log sheets are updated and maintained. You'll listen and provide clear input and coaching to onboard and develop team members. Responsibilities will include, but, not be limited to: Responsible for coordinating all training, record keeping, updating, auditing, and process compliances. Assists Lead in process and functional task and support activities; understands and ensures adherence to required procedures and processes. Advises lead with objective performance data as it relates to safety, training, quality audits and productivity. Recommends products and process changes and implements new processes that improve efficiency and reduce costs. Monitors daily quality and compliance requirement for employees on the line and support leads as needed. Escalates functional and process failures and issues to the Lead or Supervisor. Supports Lead and Supervisor in generating daily/weekly metrics to track yield, quality, and productivity. Assists with continuous improvement activities and Lean operations including 5S. May provide process or functional oversight in the absence of the Line Lead.
Education & Experience
Associates Degree required
- Flexible to work either day shift from 6:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m or swing shift from 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m Pacific Standard time Monday through Friday.
- Ability to move to other shifts based on business need is required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment, background check and drug screen.