Global Sourcing Manager - Installation & Maintenance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- - Develop a nuanced understanding of the category landscape in order to forecast industry trends and gauge emerging competitive forces. - Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within geographic market places and use industry dynamics establish the market price.
- - Effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing installations. Understand the trade-offs between cost, time and quality in order to strike agreements that meet Apple’s performance criteria.
- - Collaborate across the Apple organization to ensure business objectives are met. Includes the ability to rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and to actively identify potential issues that can affect installations.
- - Optimize global supplier performance through cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking. Develop an in-depth understanding of installation processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence, and apply this knowledge to influence Apple’s future sourcing decisions.
The Global Sourcing Manager for world-wide channel retail store installations and fitment is be a key member of the channel sales procurement team. The manager of this category will work closely with the Channel Sales Planning (CSP) team to develop and implement comprehensive sourcing strategies for installation in thousands of stores world-wide supporting Apple’s branded points of sales. Deliverables - Create world-wide sourcing strategies for installation and fitment. - Act as installation subject matter expert for specific geographies - APAC, EMEIA, ANZ, AMR, etc. - Create forecasting and capacity analysis for suppliers. - Develop RFP process based on installation needs across multiple Apple programs. - Build a cost model and establish "market value” for installation partners across geographies. - Renegotiate and/or initiate new commercial agreements for all suppliers. Identify key terms, positions and negotiation strategies as needed. - Conduct market analysis of installation suppliers. - Develop strategies for emerging markets. - Work closely with the CSP team to ensure suppliers’ ability to meet Apple quality requirements. - Act as subject matter expert on regional labor laws and regulations that effect store installations and fitment.
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 4 years of experience in purchasing, masters degree or MBA is a plus
- Equivalent experience in Marketing / Agency Operations or Finance considered
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated track record working cross-functionally in a creative field
- Extensive contract writing and negotiating experience
- Regular travel is expected