Financial Analyst, US Education Sales
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you'll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You'll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is critical to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company's future. Join us, and you'll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. US Education Finance is seeking a finance individual to join our extraordinary Deal Desk Pricing team. In partnership with the Sales, Operations, Legal, and Contracts organizations, the pricing team owns strategic deal pricing and structure, provides insights into market dynamics, and leads the financial controls process within customer engagements. You should possess excellent leadership, collaboration and communications skills, be able to effectively influence others, handle multiple-priorities effectively and efficiently, and work with both executive management from finance and sales daily.
- Four (4) to eight (8) years professional experience in customer pricing, contract negotiation, revenue contract review, project management, business partnering, sales finance, operations, contract negotiations and strategic process design.
- Experience in revenue accounting, technology pricing, project management; technology procurement and operations.
- Should be a self-starter and strategic thinker with sound decision-making skills and a dedication to accurate and timely work execution.
- Deliver efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced work environment managing multiple priorities with multiple partners.
- Advanced Excel, Keynote, and Pages skills, and the ability to extract, analyze and present data in simple format.
- Strong business insight, high intellectual curiosity, and deep interest in Apple's product, business and strategy
Work with sales teams and partners within Apple to provide finance support and analysis on large, complex customer engagements that enable the segment to achieve its operational goals. Develop and present deal P&L analytics and high-level executive summaries to Apple senior management, with a focus on capturing key information about the solution, the customer, the financial overview, and the competitive landscape. Develop and implement KPI metrics and capture market dynamics to identify growth opportunities and influence business strategy. Support long term sales growth & scale while ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly. Review customer contracts to ensure consistency in negotiated terms and pricing and take appropriate steps to mitigate potential risks to Apple. Work closely with Legal, Operations and Contract teams to drive price compliance and ensure that contractual pricing is adhered to per agreement. Drive quarterly price audits and ensure necessary information is disseminated to management on a timely basis. Perform analyses of potential risks for key customer satisfaction issues and make recommendations for optimizing financial impact. Participate in customer calls with thoughtfulness expected of an Apple professional. Drive for continuous business process improvement for pricing team. Work cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies and support new business opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, International Trade, Economics or relevant experience. MBA and/or CPA preferred