Maps Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling to what you could accomplish. We are looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to chip in to the macOS and iOS based maps visualization and curation tools. Being part of the Maps platform team, joining a large existing team of Swift engineers.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Background in Computer Science
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate
- Drive and real passion for building software, do what it takes in both ability and attitude
- Deep and hands-on experience in Objective-C, Swift, and related libraries
- Experience developing non-trivial applications for iOS or macOS
- Ability to work full-time from our office in Santa Clara Valley
The Maps Data Platform team is building the next generation geo spatial platform to process, store, edit and deliver maps data. This inherently complex system uses all of today’s groundbreaking technologies in data processing, visualization, user interfaces and analytics. You'll be working on internal tools to maps - think of it as the maps app to edit maps. In this role you'll be responsible for developing, designing, and maintaining an advanced macOS application entirely written in Swift. Tasks can vary from new service integrations, to graphics and 3D engines, or handling large volumes of geo spatial data. You will be part of a team ranging from extraordinary new talent to senior software architects. Expect both to learn and to meet plenty of challenging and interesting tasks in your day-to-day work.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- - Deep understanding of graphics technology - some ability with design tools for prototyping purposes
- - Experience working with Open GL, Metal or other 3D frameworks
- - Experience with GIS, Geographical Data and Toolkits such as JTS, ArcGIS, QGIS, OpenJump etc.