Engineering Program Manager - Maps Venues
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you dream about bringing new mapping experiences to a worldwide customer base? Do you look at problems with strong appreciation for customer needs? Do you thrive while working with design and engineering teams to identify customer needs, develop solutions, and ship products? Are you so passionate about building consumer products, that you want to be deeply involved in product definition, development, and shipping? If so, we want to talk to you Indoor Maps are one of Apple Maps most exciting new features. Indoor maps of malls and airports, introduced in iOS11, are the frontier of digital mapping. For this project, our team considered a variety of questions like how do we handle data when you can’t rely on satellite imagery? Or, how do you account for inaccuracies in source data? What is the best visual language to explain interior spaces? These are questions we ask. Answering these questions requires a complex end-to-end data pipeline that transforms two-dimensional architectural diagrams into dynamic mobile experiences, so that our customers can find what they need and move through the world with ease. We need you to have a technical background and a real passion for strategy and long-term product vision, then these are the types of challenges you’ll be presented with as a Senior Engineering Program Manager in Apple Maps. In this role, you will partner with many teams, driving transparency and thought around what’s best for the project, the Maps group, and Apple. You will lead cross-functional teams to ask the hard questions, debate design and customer impact, and then track deliverables. You will build relationships throughout Maps and Apple and play a key part in our most new initiatives.
- 8+ years program management or product management experience in a software environment
- Deep intuition and a real passion for developing phenomenal user experiences
- Proven track record of end to end program execution, particularly with a consumer focus
- Strong technical background, especially in iOS and server-side software
- Extraordinary social communication skills
- Ability to thrive in chaos, exercise good judgment in ambiguous circumstances, and communicate with executive management
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- We find successful people at Apple care about their work
We are looking for someone who understands software development and data pipelines and has experience working with internal and external teams to run and track deliverables. You prioritize issues and handle the details as well as the big picture. You're organized and a self-starter and enjoy ownership and personal responsibility. You know how to make the right compromises to ship.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in CS preferred w equivalent experience MBA advantageous