Engineering Program Manager - Maps Display
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are bringing new mapping experiences to a worldwide customer base. Do you look at problems with strong appreciation for customer needs? Do you thrive while working with design and engineering teams to identify customer needs, develop solutions, and ship products? Are you so passionate about building consumer products, that you want to be deeply involved in product definition, development, and shipping? Answering these questions requires a complex end-to-end data pipeline that transforms two-dimensional architectural diagrams into dynamic mobile experiences, so that our customers can find what they need and move through the world with ease. You have a technical background and a passion for strategy and long-term product vision, then these are the types of challenges you’ll be presented with as a Senior Engineering Program Manager in Apple Maps. In this role, you will partner with many teams, driving transparency and thought around what’s best for the project, the Maps group, and Apple. You will lead multi-functional teams to ask the hard questions, debate design and customer impact, and then track work you're doing. You build strong relationships and play a key part in our most exciting new initiatives.
- 8+ years program management or product management experience in a software environment
- Deep intuition and passion for developing great user experiences
- Proven track record of end to end program execution, particularly with a consumer focus
- Strong technical background, especially in iOS and server-side software
- Exceptional social interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure, exercise good judgment in ambiguous circumstances, and communicate with executive management
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Experience in working in Cartography or Maps Display layers a plus
- Experience or familiarity with mapping interfaces or cartography
- Strong writing and presentation skills
We are looking for someone who understands software development and data pipelines and has experience working with internal and external teams to lead and track work. You prioritize issues and handle the details as well as the big picture. You are an organized self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility. You know how to make the right compromises to ship. We want to talk to you if you like the sound of this.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.