Sr. Engineering Program Manager - Data Storage & Services / Platform Infrastructure Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
You will help build the next generation cloud platform to support Apple’s products & services. Our engineering project management team partners closely with a top-notch engineering team to develop and deploy software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting Apple services, including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. Our platform ensures that Apple's services are reliable, scalable, fast, cost effective and secure. You will utilize both open source and in-house technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the most trusted platform. You will have a unique opportunity to own and deliver software at a humongous scale, larger than you will find at nearly any other company on Earth.
- At least 5 years of project/program management experience preferably in a cloud platform group
- Strong technical proficiency in software development. Bonus points for past software development experience
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively
- Experience working on development of in-house solution from conception to implementation
- Experience working with customers/developers to help define requirements and implement a solution architecture
- Experience in process engineering to improve existing processes with a metrics driven approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitations skills (requirements sessions; design meetings; progress and status meetings)
- Naturally accountable and responsible: Self-starter, ambitious, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Great at prioritization and applying sound, data-based judgement to weigh trade-offs
You're an expert project manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adept at turning ambiguity into action. We're looking for someone who enjoys diving deep into the technology, with a consistent track record of shipping complex, multi-functional projects under demanding timelines. This role requires the ability to understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to solve problems. You will be hands-on and expected to drive a wide range of software development & deployment activities, track and lead multi-functional requirements, timelines and dependencies and communicate project schedules, status and potential risks. You are responsible for successful outcomes and leading efforts to craft and maintain a roadmap, while keeping the team focused on the critical path. Is this you? Does this sound intriguing?
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in CS or a similar technical field.