Sr. Engineering Program Manager - Platform Infrastructure Engineering / Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. Our engineering project management team partners closely with the platform network and server engineering teams to secure the platform driving some of our most exciting Apple services, including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. Our platform infrastructure ensures that Apple's services are secure, reliable, scalable, fast, and cost effective. We utilize both open source and in- house technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the most trusted platform. In this role, you will have the rare opportunity to protect some of the world's largest-scale cloud services.
- At least 5 years of project/program management experience in a cloud platform group
- Strong technical proficiency in network, server, and data center architectures and software development
- Experience with network and system security
- Experience in process engineering to improve existing processes with a metrics driven approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitations skills (requirements sessions; design meetings; progress and status meetings)
- Naturally accountable and responsible: Self-starter, self-motivated, disciplined, and self-sufficient
- Phenomenal at prioritization and applying sound, data-based judgement to weigh trade-offs
- Bonus points for security certifications
We are looking for an expert project manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is adept at turning ambiguity into action. We're looking for people who enjoy diving deep into the technology, with a consistent track record of shipping complex, cross- functional projects under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where you will be expected to drive all aspects of network and systems security design discussions, intrusion detection and mitigation efforts, incident response, documentation, testing, and working with partners in data centers, all with the expectation of high reliability and high availability. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you have extraordinary attention to detail; you value integrity; you manage risk; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and the team. Are you ready for a challenge?
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in CS or a similar technical field.