Lead Software Engineer/Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's Manufacturing Quality Management (MQM) team is responsible for capturing, consolidating and tracking all manufacturing data for Apple’s products and modules worldwide. This data is stored and used during the entire product's lifecycle- from prototypes to mass production through warranty support for customers. Apple's MQM team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer/Architect who possesses a real passion for developing extraordinary products with a deep appreciation for user experience.
- 10 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience
- Previous experience crafting, implementing and developing scalable enterprise level backend solutions as well as ecosystems for web applications & API platforms
- Experience with cloud hosting, architectural principles in security, distributed computing, and DevOps experience, such as: Linux Administration, Git, Chef, Puppet, Maven, Ansible
- Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise (JEE) technology applications architecture, design, development and support
- Deep understanding of factors influencing performance of microservices at multiple layers including network, CPU utilization, JVM tuning, memory management, thread management, database connection pooling and query performance
- Experience with Big Data principles in a NoSQL domain as well as relational databases: Druid, Elastic, Hadoop, Spark, Hive and Impala
- Experience with data reporting and data visualization challenges
- Work with front end technologies considered a plus, preferred skills in: React JS, HTML4/5, CSS3, AJAX & jQuery
We are a multi-functional team, tackling challenging software engineering problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services. You'll be leading innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, developing, testing and delivering new features for the platform. Are you passionate about developing Microservices and data platforms at scale? Do you love the idea of solving a new business, technical problem every other day with a wide range of technologies? Do you have it in you to be part of a fast-paced, iterative environment with many exciting responsibilities? If so, Apple’s MQM team is looking for highly motivated, detail oriented, technically savvy, high-energy professionals who like to innovate new server side features. You will be expected to: - Possess Industry/domain knowledge on innovative trends regarding platform/ecosystem/software architecture and performance. - Design and develop software architecture for large scale, multi-tier web based applications. - Able to think through implications of choices and communicate key decisions at critical junctures driving technical design decision-making. - Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements. - Collaborate with a diverse team of Designers, Software developers, and Engineers. You will also be: - Acting in a technical leadership capacity: handling a mix of responsibilities spanning leadership/providing mentorship to others as well as individual implementation work. - Applying technical expertise, including engineering and operational excellence to challenging programming and design problems. - Ability to identify areas for improvement and take initiative to work towards a solution. - Able to tackle problems independently as well as know when to engage team members to drive innovation. - Performing code reviews and redesign existing applications for better user experience involving performance and usability.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.