Interactive Technology Demo Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. If you're a self-motivated teammate, who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building phenomenal products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Interactive Technology organization responsible for engineering macOS, iOS and tvOS product demos across all Apple Retail Stores worldwide is looking for an ambitious and innovative person to join the Demo Systems Engineering team.
- 5+years of experience in global macOS and iOS deployments focused on MDM
- 3+years of experience with large scale MDM deployments (15k+iOS/macOS devices)
- Strong Unix skills and proficiency with scripting languages (Bash and Python)
- Fluent in object-oriented design, industry standard methodologies, software patterns and architecture principles
- Experience with object-oriented programming language (Objective-C and/or Swift)
- Jamf Pro experience required; Jamf Pro certification a strong plus
- Flexibility with shifting priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with cross-functional business partners
- Self-driven individual with excellent time and project management skills; Agile software development experience a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally
As a Demo Systems Engineer you will join a team of engineers who are responsible for our macOS, iOS and tvOS based demonstration devices in over 500 stores worldwide. The Interactive Technology Demo Systems engineering team is responsible to build and lead all customer-facing technology product demos in Apple Retail. Examples include Macs, iPhones, iPads and Apple TVs. Your contribution to the team will help influence both what our team does today and how we will be able to build the best demo experience imaginable. You will be designing, developing and launching demo experiences for all Apple Products in our stores worldwide. This position requires a very deep understanding of iOS and macOS Mobile Device Management, content packaging and its deployment methodologies as well as a very deep understanding of Apple's technologies. Knowledge of Unix systems, Bash and Python is required. You will be designing, developing and programming application software by using object-oriented languages like Objective-C and/or Swift. This will also include performing testing and debugging of applications. You will be required to work cross-functionally with many business partners within the Interactive and Retail Technology team and the wider Apple Retail organization. This includes coordinating activities with the macOS and iOS Program Office, Retail and Product Marketing teams, Merchandising, Customer Loyalty and IS&T teams to name a few.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.