Technical Program Manager - OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Seeking an experienced professional who brings expertise in the manufacturing and quality management of high precision components for mobile devices including VCM, OIS (OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) and Camera Actuator technology. The successful engineer / manager in this role will be able to work closely with suppliers and engineers so as to deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a timely manner. Candidate will watch three key manufacturing sites based in Japan and China.
- You will have excellent technical management skills centered on enabling cutting edge technologies in high volume and high quality
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root cause in a pressured environment
- Must be a self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Experience working with international OEM partners.
- Min 10 years of experience in Senior positions within similar product Sourcing, Manufacturing and Quality
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN: - Ideal candidate will have OIS VCM technology for mobile devices or experience in manufacture precision electro mechanical devices - Evaluate prospective suppliers regarding production capability & quality management. - Overseeing, troubleshooting and auditing 2nd tier suppliers. - Experience in sub components including Injection molding, Stamping, Etching, Plating. - Lead overall operational readiness in all NPI phases leading into Mass Production. - Manage quality and production readiness throughout the ramp up and sustaining phase. Drive any issues to closure whilst maintaining clear communications to all stakeholders. - Lead suppliers by providing clear technical direction. - Utilize DOE’s, FMEA and other Industry standard tools to proactively identify and address risks and optimize process parameters. - Work with the Quality Lead in generating and approving Process Control Plans for each program / process / vendor to ensure highest level Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered. - Act as Operations Technical Lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks. - Travel both within Asia and international; > 30%
Education & Experience
BS/MS: Phd in Engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.