Technical Program Manager - Optical Lens
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Optical Lens Technical Program Manager for Supplier Quality Engineer will bring expertise in the Optical manufacturing and quality management of high precision components for camera lens and other optical devices. This vendor-based Supplier Quality Engineer is the quality lead to drive quality and technical issues during ramp up, and throughout product lifetime.
- 3 plus years applicable experience
- High volume manufacture of precision lens components. Molding, Coating, Assembly and Test of Optical Lens Components.
- Suppliers procedures including FMEA, Process Flow, Control plans and yield Pareto chart.
- Familiar with 8D to troubleshoot internal and supplier based optical engineering issues in timely manner. Clearly understood FACA procedure.
- Strong Management skills with experience of Asia based vendors.
- Lead suppliers by providing technical direction to fix quality issue during MP.
- Familiar with Optical lens tester, i.e. TriOptics Pro5/9, IMHR.
- Conduct tester GR&R and correlation in supply chain.
- Maintain quality and handle volume throughout the ramp up and sustaining phase, Drive any issues to closure whilst maintaining clear communications to all partners.
- Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure the highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered.
- Experience with Micro Optical lens used in Phone, Pad and Mac.
- Deep technical skills, involving problem solving and root cause analysis in a pressured environment.
- Hands-on direct experience with the manufacture of optical lens and sub-components.
- Experience working with international OEM partners are preferred.
- High energy, multi-tasker, inventive problem solver, ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Experience of optical related testing.
- Basic understanding of Optical Lens Design with ZEMAX, CodeV.
- The work is primarily based at Asia vendor sites, extensive overseas
- 50% travel required.
In this role you will be able to work closely with suppliers and engineers so as to deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a dynamic environment. Responsibilities will include: Resolving quality issues at optical lens vendor related to process, test, and customer failures. Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (Cpk, FMEA, etc.). Root cause analysis of yield loss and deliver improvement plans. Ensure optical manufacturing vendors are conforming to Apple ERS specs, reliability and quality requirements. Familiar with 8D reports and need to handle process change notification system. Drive MTF/Dimension/Reliability/Cosmetic etc correlation for vendor internal machines and correlation between different layer vendors. Drive FACA for optical component related returns from customers. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. Review and approve lens vendor manufacturing Quality Control Plans ( tests, methods, sample sizes, pass /fail criteria ). Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with Sub-component supplier and module integrator. Audit and approve optical manufacturing vendors or sub component vendors for mass production readiness. Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.