Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) - iPhone/Watch/Accessories
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible role, you will manage packaging, labels, and print documentation for all Apple products to ensure high quality printing and color matching.
- - Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
- - 5+ years work experience on quality and/or color management position is preferred
- - In-depth knowledge of different printing processes, materials (inks, foils, print decoration finishing, etc), color management system and quality control systems.
- - Ability to learn, implement and use Statistical Process Control tools to make data driven decisions.
- - Strong attention to details, ability to prioritize and manage on multiple projects at once and keep track of breakthroughs and deliverables.
- - Ability and willing to work independently and travel frequently upon request.
- - Self-motived, defining and closing all engineering tasks to meet project objective, detailed oriented to cut to the root of problems, and ability to learn quickly with little information or support.
- - Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details, result driven oriented.
- Responsibility includes (but not limited to) understand current or new suppliers’ color management system and capabilities. Setup an effective color management process/system for both Apple internal and all suppliers, from target/spec setup to all manufacturing process controls to FATP IQC and OBA check. - Establish color control system at supplier side from the basic reliable & repeatable color measurements, process control points, implementation and audits. - Interact with Industrial Design, Marcom and Product Design team to ensure the best quality packaging parts are consistent on colors. Coordination of activities between the Asia and US- based team, and vendors is a necessity.
Education & Experience
- University degree in Printing / Chemistry / Industrial / Packaging engineering and/or relevant manufacturing work experience.