Productivity Applications Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong object oriented programming and design skills
- In-depth development experience at the application and user interface level with at least one of the following: Cocoa, Java, C++, C#, Android, Win32 or Windows
- Performance analysis and tuning experience including memory usage, CPU utilization, leak checking, etc.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
The Productivity engineering team is responsible for the Calendar, Reminders, Contacts, Mail applications, and frameworks on iOS devices. This position will be primarily working on the Reminders and Calendar applications and frameworks. We are looking for a talented software engineer who is excited by the prospect of working on software for millions of users. Our software engineers are creative, inspired, innovative, energetic, self motivated people who love making and shipping products. Are you one of us? The ideal candidate will be a generalist who able to do a variety of tasks that could range from working on user interface to supplying to frameworks and libraries that support our applications. Diving into lower levels shouldn't scare you. Demonstrable experience working on user interfaces of consumer oriented applications is strongly desired. Experience developing concise, consistent and developer-friendly APIs is also strongly desired. Being an application developer, you are expected to be equipped with excellent skills in object-oriented software design and programming and to have real-world experience creating applications for consumers. You will be responsible for developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and giving to overall design. Performance analysis and tuning will also be a significant responsibility in your job. Given the limited resources of mobile devices, we need to squeeze every last bit of performance we can get. Experience developing applications that perform well, use as few resources as possible while still being responsive to users is expected. You should be able to step back and look at a problem in a different light to identify an approach that improves performance.
Education & Experience
- BS Degree in CS, ME, EE, or equivalent. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- - Experience developing reusable APIs is a plus
- - Experience shipping consumer oriented products
- - Familiarity with Unix, especially OS X and iOS
- - Experience writing multithreaded code
- - Passion for writing simple, elegant software that is easy and fun to use