Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications department (Marcom) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Quality Engineer with experience in back end web application development. This role is essential to the evolution of Apple’s brand by joining a dynamic team tasked with taking apple.com to the next phase of its evolution. In addition to a strong technical background, you will possess outstanding interpersonal skills. The position requires excellence in communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with partners from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- 4+ years of experience working as a quality assurance professional
- Experience with UI, functional, white box (Java/Scala/any other language) and integration testing for applications running on Linux
- Experience with Unix commands (e.g. accessing remote servers, working with file system, grep with logs using regular expressions and accessing NoSQL)
- Expertise in Java/Scala programming, with an ability to write unit and integration tests in Java/Scala
- Able to use Java/Scala libraries for accessing web elements, XML, JSON, SVN, Jenkins and databases (NoSQL and SQL)
- Able to learn and/or utilize various test tools and libraries such as Selenium, Apache Commons, HttpNing, Jsoup, XML libraries, JSON libraries etc.
- Able to build automation framework from scratch and write test cases using JUnit/TestNG/ScalaTest/ScalaCheck
- Experience with Rest API testing and automation
- Experience with version control systems like SVN/Git
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem resolution skills for isolating issues when developing test code
- Familiar with bug tracking and test case management tools
- Able to work collaboratively within a team, with solid communication skills
- Performance testing experience (JMeter/Gatling), able to pick up new skill/learn new tools and technologies quickly
In this role you will play a key role in handling test tools and development of testing solutions that enable Apple’s development teams to focus on outstanding creativity and execution. You will be expected to actively contribute to a team of quality engineers in charge of ensuring web applications are running at optimal performance across all platforms and help tackle technical problems with simple solutions. You will need a solid understanding of backend systems and development to iterate quickly in a constantly changing environment and advance our team standards and practices. Are you an excellent communicator, give and take feedback well and articulate your ideas clearly? Do you love to get things done, act pragmatically and possess great attention to detail? Are you an excellent quality assurance engineer & enthusiast who cherishes learning, sharing, giving, and receiving feedback, and improving your and the teams knowledge? Do you love to articulate ideas, prototype, change, rethink and refine on your and the ideas of others? Do you care about user experience, ease of use and efficiency? Look no further.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred.