Acoustic Test Algorithm Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Acoustic Test Algorithm Developer is responsible for the development of algorithms and tools for validation and measurement of audio performance of new Apple Products, including iPhone, Macs and Audio products. The candidate will as part of the Acoustic Validation Tools Team, improve and develop test and validation tools and procedures. The candidate will have the right combination of audio DSP skills and personal drive to take ownership of the development of new approaches to test signal analysis.
- The candidate should have deep knowledge on DSP, algorithm design, and good experience on audio tests.
- In depth understanding of digital signal processing and system characterization
- Skillful programming with MATLAB or Python (SciPy for instance)
- Basic knowledge of acoustic/audio measurement and testing methodologies
- Technical documentation experience and version control system like Git
- Efficient network with high personal drive and great communication skills
- Enthusiastic about audio/acoustics
- Experience on tool development and audio tests
- Experience with noise and coexistence issues in audio systems.
Primary focus is to work with DSP analysis of noise and other unwanted audio artefacts for all types of Apple audio products during the design phase. The responsibilities will eventually extend to development of new metrics in order to objectively evaluate different tests Data analysis and presentation of conclusions to design teams. Develop, validate and deploy test metrics Document metrics, and provide training and supports to the users of the metrics
Education & Experience
BS/MS or equivalent, preferably specializing in EE/CS with audio focus.