Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. Our platform server engineering team develops and deploys software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting services, including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. Our software ensures that Apple's services are reliable, scalable, fast, and secure. We support both open source and homegrown technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible platform. In this role you will have the rare opportunity to own and deliver some of the world's largest-scale cloud services. At Apple, we manage services that support millions of users. This brings an entirely new dimension to the word "Scale". If you have dreamt about controlling, managing, and scaling thousands of servers, then read on!
- Experience supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer facing environment.
- Dev-ops skills in Java, Python, Ruby or UNIX shells, C, C++.
- Experience with Hadoop, Cloudera, Pig, Splunk or other large data frameworks.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible for configuration management.
- Experience with relational databases such SQL, DB2, HBase.
- Background building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a high-demand environment.
- Superb communication skills and able to work closely with operations and development teams.
- You have demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical achievements with tight deadlines.
- You aim to take initiative and own issues.
Working in Apple’s Hadoop SRE team is the definition of variety. The team provides infrastructure and support for large Internet facing applications by building and maintaining Hadoop clusters and application stack. On any given day, you may find one member of the team fault-finding low-level driver issues, while another is analyzing a highly distributed workflow. As a team member, you will be empowered to work across many organizational units to improve and expand our current deployment. This may include: - Design and implement new software to streamline system automation. - You have the ability to plan future requirements, or a new project. - Triage production issues when they occur with other operational teams. - Conduct ongoing maintenance across our large scale deployments across the world. - Participate in new builds which back new releases.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS or equivalent Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- To meet these needs, Apple is looking for talented and well-rounded Dev/Ops engineers who meet the above key qualifications.