Procurement Manager, Marketing Content
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Procurement Manager responsible for Marketing Content will lead a dynamic team of Global Sourcing Managers responsible for Photography, Illustrations, Video Production, 3D Animation categories. This senior leader will partner with Apple’s world-wide marketing teams to develop a roster of creative agencies that can designing, developing and deliver innovative content.
- • Know the world of media content creation and delivery in order to develop long-term sourcing strategies that incorporate the latest industry trends and evolving market forces.
- • Have a track-record of evaluating, hiring and developing talent. Know how to establish and promote team values and set the standard for collaboration, respect and results.
- • Have an established network in the media and content partners so that you can make immediate contributions to the cross-functional team.
- • Apply your industry experience to help identify, develop and nurture new agency partners that have unique capabilities an/or a world-wide presence.
- • Negotiate commercial terms and write contracts to secure creative talent and define deliverables that meet Apple’s exacting requirements.
- • Bridge the gap between creative teams, procurement and finance to achieve uncompromising results at the most competitive cost.
- • Be a hands-on leader who has a passion for details and can lead by example.
- • Equivalent experience in Advertising, Production or Finance considered
- • Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- • Demonstrated track record working cross-functionally in a creative field
- • Extensive contract writing and negotiating experience
- • Periodic travel is expected
• Partner with teams across Apple team to develop a roster of creative agencies. Establish criteria for new agencies to be evaluated. Develop relationships with existing agencies. Document and measure performance by conducting periodic business reviews. • Establish “best practices” for writing creative briefs and Request for Proposals (RFPs). • Work with the cross functional teams to develop tools and process to collect, analyze and evaluate RFP’s. • Establish the market value of the goods and/or services being purchased, including; - Live Action - AR/VR Content - Animation - 3DFX - Post-production - Finishing • Develop a world-wide category procurement strategy based market research and competitive analysis. • Negotiate and write contracts. • Approve purchase requisition and manage purchase orders as required. • Work with other Procurement category leads to develop and implement industry best-practices for the acquisition of creative services, (such as job descriptions, briefs, definitions of deliverables, cost benchmarks).
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 10 years of experience in purchasing, masters degree or MBA is a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.