Cloud DevOps Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. Seeking a Senior Front End Engineer who is passionate about crafting high-quality, elegantly designed user-facing web applications, beautifully written, documented and thoroughly tested code.
- Proficient in one or more: perl, python, ruby, go with experience in object oriented programming.
- Linux/unix knowledge and subsystems (process management, kernels, etc)
- Sound knowledge of unix network protocols and tcp/ip network fundamentals.
- Experience with core infrastructure technologies (PKI, DNS, NFS, SSH, SNMP)
- Experience in configuration management technologies (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Knowledge of Load Balancers software and hardware (Netscaler,F5,HAproxy,nginx, etc).
- Experience with build/release (CI/CD) pipelines and methodologies (Jenkins,Hudson, etc).
- Experience in building applications using AWS
- Should have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Exposure to a large production environment and related operations is a must
- Should have at least 5+ years of experience in handling large teams (10+ member) and posses excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong interest in open source technologies such as Mesos , Docker etc.,
- Bonus: Experience with working with Hashicorp stack (terraform, nomad, consul, vagrant, packer, etc)
- Bonus: Exposure to Ad tech is a plus
- Bonus : Experience with CI/CD is a big plus
Manages a team of Cloud Infrastructure / DevOps engineers and owns the site-up architecture Drives the evaluation and implementation of new versions, fixes, and capabilities of tools and technologies and facilitates their adoption in Products Defines and articulates best practices and design patterns to improve quality and productivity Should participate in rotational on-call (during PST hours) Actively drives technology/framework related projects, new product evaluations, POCs Works closely with Engineering , Product and other cross functional teams in delivering projects that leverage the Hadoop and related Framework
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Master degree preferred