Cloud DevOps Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
- Proficient in one or more: perl, python, ruby, go with experience in object oriented programming
- Linux/unix knowledge and subsystems (process management, kernels, etc)
- Sound knowledge of unix network protocols and tcp/ip network fundamentals
- Experience with core infrastructure technologies (PKI, DNS, NFS, SSH, SNMP)
- Experience in configuration management technologies (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Knowledge of Load Balancers software and hardware (Netscaler, F5, HAproxy, nginx, etc).
- Experience with build/release (CI/CD) pipelines and methodologies (Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
- Experience in building applications using AWS
- Exposure to a large production environment and related operations is required
- 5+ years experience in leading large teams (10+ member)
- Strong interest in open source technologies such as Mesos, Docker etc.,
- Experience working with Hashicorp stack (terraform, nomad, consul, vagrant, packer, etc) desired
- Exposure to Ad tech is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD is a huge plus
- Strong collaboration skills
- Real passion for leading, mentoring and developing junior team members
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL: Manage an extraordinary team of Cloud Infrastructure / DevOps engineers and own the site-up architecture Drive the evaluation and implementation of new versions, fixes, and capabilities of tools and technologies and facilitate their adoption in Products Define and articulate standard methodologies and design patterns to improve quality and productivity Participate in rotational on-call (during PST hours) Actively drive technology/framework related projects, new product evaluations, POCs Work closely with Engineering, Product and other multi-functional teams in delivering projects that use the Hadoop and related Framework
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.