Senior Software Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers. Join Apple's AML team as a senior software developer and help our team of software developers and data scientists in solving interesting problems and building innovative new applications. We are looking for a senior developer who can work with our application backend serving both a web application and an iOS app using a data pipeline that includes live big data ingestion, analytics, and machine learning models.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software (5 to 10 years of experience)
- Experience with big data pipelines using Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Rest API design and development experience for web platforms using Java
- Translation of requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment on fast-moving projects
- Experience in building stable, scalable, and high-speed live streams of data and serving web platforms and/or mobile apps
- Real passion for process improvement
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality; Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills
- Passion for leading, mentoring and developing junior team members
Apple's Applied Machine Learning group has been working on large-scale data pipelines serving internal web and iOS applications with ML models and analytics implemented on live data streams. You will help a team of extraordinary developers and data scientists develop and maintain a java codebase that handles live data ingestion, enrichment, and serving to a web and iOS platform. We are actively developing a new product and moving at a fast pace in a rapid and dynamic environment. We rely heavily on clear communication and candid feedback among team members. You will also be working closely with dev-ops in planning and architecting our deployment and server needs and with iOS and web developers in building new features. Strong collaboration skills are required. Other aspects of the job include mentoring and providing feedback to junior developers, working with the team manager and PM in estimating scope and team capacity, responding to urgent requests from executives or business needs, and maintaining the stability and high reliability of our systems.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS/PHD or relevant industry experience.