Power Management Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Know how to give maximum battery life while providing our customers the best possible experience with an Apple Watch? Join the Watch HW Validation team and tease out all the corner cases, and deliver solutions to ship the best possible Watch. We are seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer to join the team.
- You possess strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- You are hands-on problem solver
- Passionate about learning, and digging deep for root causes
- Gains insights with data analysis and visualization, with a generous dose of automation
- Are a strong team collaborator, and thrives in a cross-functional environment
- At least 5 years of experience, but we encourage you to apply with any level of experience
Your main focus will be finding ways to quantify the impact of the battery on dynamic system power demands, and contributing to power management policies. The central challenge will be validating the policies have the intended HW effects. Work cross-functionally to identify max hardware cases and worst-case user loads, characterizing system behavior, and gain insight into battery operation. You will also design tests that scale to running on hundreds of systems at the factory, and take ownership of processing and delivering data to other teams. Take your creativity, hardware design, programming, and analytical skills to the next level. Challenge yourself in new technical areas. Join a hands-on development team that champions diligent engineering, and innovation.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- - Can travel to China
- - Previously shipped a battery powered consumer electronics product
- - Proficient at Python and Perl, or other scripting/programming languages
- - Have validation and HW design experience
- - Familiarity with statistics
- - Familiarity with factories, and similar production environments
- - Exposure to radio technologies such as LTE, WiFi, and BlueTooth