System Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Ever wonder what problems are bound to arise when you squeeze sensitive sensors, antennas, and multiple radio technologies into a battery-powered device on your wrist? We are seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer who enjoys software, automation, and data analysis to join the team and deliver the best possible Watch to our customers.
- You possess strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- You are a hands-on problem solver and enjoys embedded systems
- Proficient at Python, Perl, or other scripting/programming languages
- Passionate about learning, and digging deep for root causes
- Gains insights using data analysis and visualization
- Are a strong team collaborator, and thrives in a cross-functional environment
Your main focus will be: - Working cross-functionally with different subsystem teams of the Watch to understand how each piece affects peak power and system coexistence. - Creating automation systems that run on hundreds to thousands of units to aid in factory data collection for peak power and system coexistence testing. - Processing, analyzing, and transforming data collected in factory to gain insights into peak power and system coexistence. Take your creativity, programming, and analytical skills to the next level. Challenge yourself in new technical areas. Join a hands-on development team that champions diligent engineering, and innovation.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- - Familiarity with statistics
- - Familiarity with Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Seaborn, or Matplotlib frameworks
- - Previously shipped a battery powered consumer electronics product
- - Have validation and HW design experience
- - Exposure to radio technologies such as LTE, WiFi, and BlueTooth
- - Can travel to China