Manufacturing Software Program Manager - iPhone Ops
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s iPhone Operations Team, which sits at a unique intersection of manufacturing, automation, and final assembly– allows individuals broad insight and impact to the iPhone production line. The team plays a significant role in finding ways to optimize the manufacturing process by identifying and implementing innovative ways of collecting data and improving efficiencies. Supporting the iPhone product line, you will focus on process re-engineering, owning requirements on how data is collected and analyzed in the factory, maintaining the data quality and integrity that is critical to our production.
- Experience as a Software Developer, System Integrator, or Test Automation SW Engineer.
- You should have a background or interest in manufacturing, electrical engineering, supply chain or large scaled operations.
- Knowledgeable with frequently used data analysis (eg, Cpk, GR&R).
- Process re-engineering for documents, specs and data collection content
- Validated networker between complex sub-groups, taking on large scale initiatives between departments, vendors, etc.
- Develop scripts and software automation in order to identify and improve gaps in efficiency
- Collaborate with Engineering, Data Analytics, Contract Manufacturers, and various partners to execute projects to completion
- Experience with a software version control and software management.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and common web design concepts.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 20-25%
This dynamic and demanding role is software and data driven and requires knowledge of manufacturing data, software for automated systems, manage and be a liaison between various departments. 25% of the role will be hands on programming. On the analysis side, skills with software such as Matlab, Python, CScript, and JMP are often utilized. Attention to details, the ability to communicate, and a strong passion to drive projects is crucial as well. •Strong programming skills with Python, Objective-C, Java, C#.NET or other OO languages. •Fundamental knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and network communications. •Experience with manufacturing test automation, assembly and other manufacturing processes. •Experience writing protocols and maintaining software specifications. •Project/program manager experience: creating roadmaps and driving landmarks. •Web-based design and software prototyping a plus.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar technical field. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.