Sr. Logistics Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
This senior leader will report to the Director of Americas Logistics and be responsible for leading the strategy and execution of Apple’s AMR Inbound Transportation operations. This includes responsibility for managing all Trans-Pacific air and ocean freight activity across the America’s supply chain. Responsibilities will include managing the vendor’s performance against key performance indicators, participating in annual freight negotiations, and optimizing the inbound supply chain. This position will partner closely with DC Operations, Outbound Transportation, Planning, and Operations Finance Departments in support of Apple’s internal/external goals and objectives. This position delivers the highest in customer expectations by delivering world-class execution and accuracy.
- Monitor, maintain, and continuously improve processes that ensure timely movement of Apple’s freight from our OEM partners.
- Manage vendor performance and set priorities to meet the needs of freight distribution and customer deliveries.
- Continuous optimization of inbound freight supply chain .
- Will be responsible for special projects, both tactical and strategic, on an as needed basis.
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with SOW and SLAs by monitoring daily inbound metrics across all freight forwarders.
- Manages expense to budgets and forecasts through best in class expense controls.
- Manages regional loss prevention across the AMR supply chain.
• Team player who achieves results in a cooperative manner • Highly motivated to excel with an intrinsic drive for continuous improvement • 8 years experience in high volume inbound transportation operations with emphasis on customer focus and operational excellence • A natural problem solver who faces challenges head on with confidence and enthusiasm • Strong cross collaboration experience • Willing to take risks and make decisions with imperfect information • Can perform and adapt, as needed, within a fast-moving, dynamic work environment • Effective and professional communicator • Strong tactical execution, executive presentation, and financial analysis skills • Proven experience providing coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams • Strong focus on planning and effective change management skills • Experience in full range of distribution operations from inbound through distribution to delivery • Six Sigma, Lean or other continuous improvement program certification-experience • Systems: SAP, WMS or TMS experience preferred
Education & Experience
• Business-Engineering undergraduate degree required and MBA a plus
- • 25-30% domestic travel