Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) - Mechanical Enclosures
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision-making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for some of the highest quality and the highest visibility products in the world today. You will be responsible for developing and implementing quality tools and systems for state of the art product designs (Apple Watch/iPhone/Accessories) in a cosmetically demanding environment.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with expertise in optical inspection/metrology, laser triangulation, and defect detection.
- Experience with digital imaging, camera system, and image processing is a definite plus.
- Experience with 2D/3D triangulation laser system and CCD inspection system such as Keyence, Cognex, and/or Visco
- Familiar with mechanical metrology system qualification process, such as GRR, Correlation, Stability and Reliability.
- Expert understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Deep understanding of optical, software filtering and judgment algorithms.
- Excellent data analysis, statistics, documentation, communication, project management skills
- Intermediate knowledge of system layout, architecture and cycle time optimization for optical, motion and mechanical systems
Specific areas of responsibility include the following: •Apply proven understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to lead the development of specific Product Quality Plans (PQP) appropriate to program and commodity. •Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing processes. •Drive corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members •Develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection tools. •Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate. •Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure alignment to Apple quality standards. •Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product. Supplier Quality Management •Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct. •Review PQP with supplier and other Apple functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs. •Evaluates supplier readiness and adherence to PQP at all development and qualification stages. •Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in Engineering required. MBA is a plus.