WiFi P2P Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to build revolutionary networking system software? Do you want to make a big impact to the WiFi industry? Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems? Apple is looking for a talented and energetic software engineer for the Core WiFi team to participate in the architecture and development of the next generation of WiFi Peer to Peer technology. The team is responsible for designing, enhancing and maintaining the WiFi Peer to Peer stack across Apple's range of products including all macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS based products. WiFI Peer to Peer technology is used in applications like AirDrop, AirPlay, System Migration, Auto-Unlock and more. You should possess a solid foundation of knowledge in IP networking, wireless protocols, and embedded systems . The position will require the right candidate to determine the appropriate compromise between several competing factors such as performance, efficiency, and ease of use.
- Experience developing software using C/C++, Objective C or Swift programming languages
- Proficient understanding of IP networking.
- Prior experience working on 802.11 technologies or other wireless technologies and standards is desirable
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Experience with UNIX systems, and a deep understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers Strong communication and collaboration skills
As core team member, you'll be responsible for crafting, improving and maintaining WiFi networking software across the full range of Apple products including iPhone, HomePod and the Mac. Due to the multi-functional nature of the technology, you should have good interpersonal skills to interact with a large variety of people from organizations within and external to Apple. We want an engineer who'll make intelligent compromises between several contradictory factors such as ease of use, performance and efficiency. You will own, drive and execute the full software development cycle - from the ideation, design, implementation, to testing and measuring the success of the feature you develop.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Masters Degree is preferred.