Legal Counsel, Marketing & Advertising - Internet Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Incredible opportunity to work in Apple’s Legal Marketing Group. This job will entail a wide variety of work supporting Apple’s marketing and advertising teams.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 4 years of relevant law firm experience.
- Experience with marketing law, consumer protection and disclosures, licensing, and creative production.
- Experience with state, national and international privacy laws and regulations specifically how they relate to marketing efforts. CIPP certification is a plus.
- Confident drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including IP licenses, software and data licenses, vendor agreements, and complex marketing technology contracts.
- Experience working with international marketing and legal teams, and on issues related to international marketing regulations.
- Ability to issue spot and advise on legal implications, while understanding and furthering business objectives.
- Demonstrated adaptability in advising a variety of client teams driven by a diverse set of business objectives.
- Comfort handling multiple projects on competing timelines.
- Superior verbal and written communication and analytical skills, coupled with the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Passion for building strong relationships with your clients and with the broader Apple Legal Group is a must.
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, and ability to be a great team member
You will be one of the primary contacts for Apple’s marketing teams, working closely with a small group of attorneys to advise on Apple’s industry-leading marketing campaigns. Daily responsibilities will include reviewing marketing collateral, advising on rights issues related to rights of publicity, trademark, and copyright matters. Additional responsibilities include reviewing and drafting various content licenses, releases, sweepstakes and contest rules. Overall, you will jump into matters large and small, dissecting issues, giving actionable advice, and executing deals to drive Apple’s brand and products forward. This position is based in Sunnyvale, California.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar