Camera & Photos - Back End Photos Software Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by leveraging computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same. The Photos team is seeking a Software Engineer in Test to help ensure that our products are of the highest quality. We are looking for critical thinkers with a sharp eye for detail who would like to play a key role in qualifying the frameworks that support our applications as well as contribute to infrastructure that will help keep our team productive. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong coding and communication skills with a desire to improve the quality of our software.
- You have experiencing developing test automation code in Python or have experience developing medium or larger Python projects.
- You understand object oriented concepts, especially as they pertain to Python
- You will be developing tools, as necessary, to facilitate testing.
- You have experience designing, documenting, and implementing test suites targeting specific database subsystems (database schema / content, APIs, etc of an application using mySQL.
- You will be creating problem reports when issues arise and tracking them through closure.
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrive in a fast moving collaborative team environment.
- You are highly motivated, can multi task, and change priorities quickly as needed.
As a Back End Photos Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for ensuring that our automation tests and infrastructure stay running smoothly. The primary responsibilities for this role include triaging automation test results, conducting code reviews, improving our test-execution harnesses and related infrastructure, and advocating for change to support the testability of our products. Secondary responsibilities include improving existing test suites, adding regression cases where appropriate, and completing automation related special projects. We need a creative thinker and strong problem solver who has experience in Python scripting/automation, experience designing test suites for complex features, and is at least familiar with database concepts. Given that Camera & Photos creates evolving, cutting-edge products, the candidate must possess strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to change focus quickly. Finally, the candidate must be results-oriented and self-motivated, but also understands and embraces the value of teamwork and collaboration.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Nice to Have: Experience experience with Objective C, MySQL, solid unix experience and Thorough knowledge of macOS operating system and applications.