DevOps Manager - Maps Client Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Maps take a whole new turn. We offer a host of innovative features, Maps makes finding and getting to your destination faster and easier than ever. With turn-by-turn spoken directions, interactive 3D views, and dedicated suggestions, as well as new indoor maps and lane guidance, we provide an incredible sense of direction. As a member of the Maps Client team, you will be responsible for managing DevOps projects and infrastructure that supports our engineers, internal users, and customers around the world. We’re looking for people with a proven track record of maintaining a high-quality service under demanding usage and timelines. The projects sourced from within our DevOps team are heavily focused on streamlining process using automation techniques to further the reliability and stability of our infrastructure.
- As a manager on our team, your tool-chest will include:
- 5+ years DevOps Management Experience
- Strong technical background and platform experience.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining full stack large-scale applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, or SVN)
- Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and TCP/IP network constructs.
- Knowledge of performance and reliability monitoring strategies
- Proven experience with Jenkins
- Facility with at least one programing language (Python preferred)
- Exceptional attention to detail and customer experience
- Self-motivated, curious and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills, and an innate drive to improve tools and processes
- Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity, address uncertainty and adapt to changing priorities
- Willing to work at a very detailed level while still being able to abstract ideas for communication to cross-functional teams and senior management
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
The Maps team is expanding, and as part of this growth, we are building a world-class developer infrastructure. We are looking for a manager to help lead the development and support of our build pipeline platform. The team consists of software and support engineers with a passion for enabling and empowering developers with fast & reliable build and deploy infrastructure. The right infrastructure, tooling and process can have an inordinate effect on developer happiness and efficiency. This role requires you to solve difficult problems together with a team of extremely knowledgeable and talented people. Our job is to get fresh code, data, and features into the hands of our users. Success for us means performance, reliability, visibility, repeatability, and customer happiness. Our customers are not only Apple Maps users, but internal developers, operations teams, and feature owners. That’s a wide scope and we have lofty goals, so our team must provide continuous improvements while always asking ourselves "What more can we do to make things better?”
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- 5-7+ years as a lead or senior developer-writing code and building solutions for DevOps services and technologies.
- Strong technical proficiency in large scale systems, Jenkins, operating systems, databases, cloud computing, & networking.