Developer Technical Support Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love debugging and solving programming challenges, and want to help other developers get their code working? Developer Technical Support (DTS) Engineering is looking for you to help our developers create outstanding software for all of our platforms (iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS). You have demonstrable experience building and debugging apps in Swift and Objective-C. You’re very comfortable doing UIKit/iOS development, and perhaps macOS, watchOS or tvOS development too. You're an excellent debugger, with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, a strong understanding of modern operating system fundamentals, and the flexibility to learn new technologies quickly. If other engineers turn to you when they have programming questions, or your answers on developer forums are consistently marked as “accepted”, join our team and help developers make their apps awesome.
- 3 years experience developing native apps for iOS or macOS using Objective-C or Swift (ideally both): You must be familiar with Apple developer workflows and expectations.
- In-depth experience using one or more of these technologies: SiriKit, CloudKit, Storyboards, Auto Layout, view controllers, web views (WKWebView/WebKit/UIWebView), or extension points: You will be answering questions about these and other technologies daily.
- Excellent debugging skills: You will be identifying why apps aren’t working, often with limited information.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills: You will be writing, presenting to, and speaking with developers and engineering colleagues regularly.
- Empathy for developers and their development and learning process: We’re like customer service for programmers; we usually hear from them only when there’s a problem.
- Strong computer science/computer engineering fundamentals: Things change rapidly, and fundamentals are key to adapting and learning quickly.
- Willingness to dive in and take ownership of a technology or problem space: You will be treated as the expert and go-to person for your areas of support.
Education & Experience
Prefer: BS CS/CE, or equivalent experience. Candidates without a degree, or with a non-traditional degree, and significant experience shipping high quality iOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS apps are strongly encouraged to apply.