iOS / macOS System Applications Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to have a significant impact on how Apple’s users interact with our products? Does creating new features that bring together software, hardware and services for our users excite you? Are you passionate about user experience? The iOS / macOS System Applications team is looking for a Software Engineer to develop our next set of breakthrough features, while improving existing ones.
- Validated ability to develop and ship high quality software products Excellent Cocoa Touch (or Cocoa) and Objective-C coding ability. Experience with C/C++ Experience with Metal and/or OpenGL. Experience with Core-Animation and Core-Graphics Record of completing projects on-time and to specification Highly adaptable to rapid change and re-prioritization
- - You will join a hands-on development team that feeds creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- - We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from groups across the company
- - Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your excitement for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- - How strong is your coding? Your proficiency in C/C++ will empower you to thrive here, as will utilizing scripting languages like python to ensure our projects are successful.
- - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- - Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Systems Applications team if you would like to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- - You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- - We value your passion for hard work and creativity.
- - Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- - Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful
- - Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- - You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- - You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
=== DESCRIPTION === The iOS / macOS System Applications team is responsible for the Setup Assistant applications and related frameworks. Our team supplies significant aspects of any new major OS feature. Our application is the user's first experience with an Apple device. We are engaged from early feature concepts to final feature polish, interacting with multi-functional hardware, software and services teams continuously. Many of our frameworks run on all of Apple’s OS platforms: iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS.You will have a keen eye for great design and user experience. You should have experience with iOS and UIKit development. Engagement with CoreAnimation and CoreGraphics is desirable as well as knowledge of low-level graphics frameworks like OpenGl and Metal. You have developed applications for any of Apple’s platforms and Xcode is like a second home to you. You understand how complex software systems work. Your software design skills and knowledge of systems programming lets you build solid applications and frameworks. Adopting the best testing practices allows you to find and fix bugs early. You’re a tinkerer at heart, and writing great software is just one of your creative outlets. Are you searching for a place to perform some of the best work of your life? We would be excited to have you join our team!
Education & Experience
A BS/MS/PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.