Data Center Operations Business Analyst
Reno, Nevada, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Operations Business Analyst is responsible for business intelligence and requirement gathering for the Data Center teams to effectively deploy software solutions. This position will support teams including: Facilities, Site Services, BreakFix, and Logistics. You are well versed in Data Center operations and have an aptitude for seeing the ‘big picture’ while being able to granualize the data points. This will be translated to the Development teams and Operations teams through FRDs (Functional Requirement Documents) and BRDs (Business Requirements Documents), respectively.
- 3-5 years of Data Center Operations experience
- Good technical skills in: Tableau, Excel, SQL and Data Structures
- Experience working with multiple Partners in various geographic locations
- Deep understanding of Business Analysis standard methodologies
- Extraordinary analytical skills: ability to analyze and resolve complex problems in a structured and logical manner
- Superb communication skills through emails, phone calls, interviews and any preferred method from the customer
- Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision
- Sound ability to speak clearly and concisely to audiences ranging from Directors to Technicians
- You will get along with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
You are part of the Infrastructure Software Development organization supporting the Operations teams. Translating non-technical requirements into technical requirements and vice-versa is essential for this positions success. You will identify ‘gaps’ in the current tools sets and craft a clear path for success in various disciplines. The ability to work well with Sponsors, Stakeholders, PMs, and SMEs is imperative for this position to succeed. Knowing how to drive projects with teams in different timezones around the world is key. You will be the ‘face’ of the development team in many cases. Day-to-day activities will consists of, but are not limited to: Interviews to identify operational gaps Setting up user meeting to verify and capture requirements Aligning projects and priorities to the overall strategy Meetings with Key Partner to get CR sign-offs Deploying and running UAT cycles for new software Generating proof-of-concepts with tools like Tableau and excel
Education & Experience
Degree in Business Analytics or similar. Technical background in engineering, software design, database structure a plus.