Front End Developer - Enterprise Network Automation Applications
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our enterprise network operations team. The team is composed of various development, automation, security and network operations/engineering expertise allowing for the creation of purposeful and directed software based solutions. You will craft scalable micro-service applications that aid in securing the network infrastructure our network engineers support. Applications include monitoring and reporting portals, network automation and orchestration, security compliance and network modeling. The is primarily a frontend development position with operational responsibility for the software developed and supported by the team. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a small collaborative team, build expertise through the entire development stack and express your creativity.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Creative analytical skills
- Expert in building API driven web applications and React applications with Redux
- Deep understanding of CSS and preprocessors (stylus, less, etc.)
- Experiences with alternative front-end tech (D3, SVG, three.js)
- Experience with revision version control, and continuous integration & deployment
- Experience in Unix environments
- CCNA equivalent network experience is a plus
- Network security is a bonus
- Extra points for DevOps and automation experience and programming skills in Python, Golang and NodeJS
You will utilize your passion for the user experience and keen eye for design to understand our network engineers’ requirements and to work with extended teams to design, evaluate, build, deploy and maintain scalable applications. You’ll be given the opportunity to engineer the whole product (backend, build, test, deploy, etc.) in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while demonstrating your strong sense of responsibility and obsession with quality. Finally, the software you develop will provide similar experiences to that of our external products; it is elegant, simple and “just work”.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in computer science or related field; 7+ years industry experience in lieu of degree.